1/2 sweet potato pan fried
2 boiled eggs with camp mix
4 strips bacon
Cup of Thai beef stew ( from nomnompaleo.com it is UNREAL!)
Banana with almond butter and blueberries
Steak, green beans, shrimp with mango salsa.
Lots of seltzer
Morning - apple and green tea
Next 45 days I’m going to try being Paleo. I thought I’d track my progress here since I haven’t used this dang tumblr in a while. I already eat pretty well so I don’t see it being a huge change.
Start - 179 lbs
Base workout - Jackie - 13:56
(modified with recline rows)
- Both Kale varieties have taken off. I picked a ton today and it’s producing more. I wonder when I should pull it up and plant something else? It’s still pretty cool here.
- Bought 2 VERY pretty variety of echinacea which I’m pumped about.
- I Don’t know how to harvest chamomile. Is it JUST the dried flowers?
- 4 oh my Tomato plants are not getting very big… not stoked on that.
- Did not pick my arugula in time and it all bolted. I ended up pulling it up because it was taking over the lettuce. I have mixed the 2 when I planted it. Next year I will separate them for sure.
- I think the lettuce needs more drainage… It’s growing so stupidly slow.
Last week I went to quilt camp in Rangeley, Maine. The town was small and cute, and the inn was beautiful! I got a ton of work done on my first quilt.
If you are a sewing/quilting buff then get yourself to Marden’s !! It’s a discount store and some of the locations have a fabric department. Fabrics are SUPER CHEAP (1.99-4.99 a yard) and of good quality… takes some looking to find the good stuff but it’s there.
It’s been a while since my last post! Here’s the highlights
Shark Garden 2.0 in Progress!
I’ve built a second garden bed that is an improvement on the last one (see here). I added weed stop cloth to the bottom because all the lawn onions are coming through my first garden bed after only 1 year. I also coated it 3 or 4 times with tung oil instead of once, because that was clearly not enough.
I’m also adding more flower beds. So far I’ve put a 2 ft wide strip around my patio for shade loving plants, I plan to put 2 larger flower beds along the fence on each side of the yard. This year I went a little nuts buying Dahlia tubers so I need somewhere to put them! I’m really excited, but I have a ton more work to do :)